We provide supported living placements for young people aged 16 and over. Our main aim is to provide safe and high quality accommodation in which our young people can develop and enhance their independent skills. We undertake a complete assessment to determine the abilities in relation to independence for each young person.
Our 16 plus service provides sole and multiple occupancy accommodation for young people who are able to live independently with support. Our 16 plus supported living service was set up as a response to local need for high quality care for young people aged 16 and over.
Our 16 plus service includes:
- Accommodation which is maintained, decorated and furnished to a high standard overseen by our in house maintenance person
- A tailored independent living programme
- Accommodation available 365 days a year with 24 hour support available
- Support to register with local health providers
- Support in accessing education, employment and training
- Support with future housing
- Access to counselling and support in areas such as drug and alcohol, sexuality, sexual health, anger management, self- harm, safeguarding etc.
- Financial advice and assistance
- Access to advocacy services
- Support in joining the Care Leavers Association and a national voice for peer support and guidance
- Personalisation of individual rooms on arrival (if required)
- Close supervision ratios – 1:1 or 2:1 (if required)
- Family oriented living
- HomeSafe® internet browsing
4 Social Care employs a small team of Project Workers who support the young people in our 16 plus service to develop the practical and emotional skills required to live independently and reach their full potential.